Tuesday, June 9, 2015

A Change in Perspective

I was driving toward the farmer's market, and came up behind a car stopped in the middle of the street, not signaling, just stopped.  I waited a minute, expecting the driver to move.  When he didn't, I tapped on the horn and he pointed to the side of the street, as if he was waiting for a car to pull out so he could park.  But no one sat in any of the cars, no backing lights.  By this time two cars were behind me.  I maneuvered around the guy -- an old man in a blue cap with a red plaid shirt -- and as I passed by my expression said, "What are you doing?"  He gave me the nastiest scowl, shouted at me (though I couldn't hear what he said through the closed windows), and gave me the finger.  Yeah. When he was the one being inconsiderate and rude!  Later, when I was walking around the farmer's market I saw the same man pushing a woman in a wheelchair.  His expression was much more pleasant.  What he'd done before was rude and inconsiderate, but I could understand it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment